1. What Is Intermittent Fasting?
Whatever intermittent fasting program you follow, the basic idea is this: limit the hours during the day in which you eat.
There are different intermittent fasting diets such as:
- The 16:8 method. Fast for 16 hours and only eat your day’s calories within an 8 hour window for the rest of the day.
- The 5/2 diet. Eat regularly during the week for 5 days, but on the other two, restrict yourself to 500/600 calories a day.
- Eat Stop Eat. Do a 24 hour fast once or twice a week.
- The Warrior Diet. Fast during the day, eat one large meal at night.
What are the benefits of intermittent fasting?