Too much time spent in a sitting position or irregular physical activity, can cause back pain. Pain, especially in the lower part of the back, is becoming a modern day illness and more and more people fight with it every day. The pain can occur due to incorrect posture and load on the lower spine, but also because of a cramp in the body caused by stress and fatigue.
If you feel uncomfortable pain during working hours take 60 seconds and get rid of this problem with a short breathing exercise that relaxes the body and reduces the feeling of pressure on the lumbar part.
- Sit and take a comfortable position. Close your eyes and try to relax.
- Rest the tip of your tongue just behind the upper front teeth.
- Breathe in through your nose slowly for 4 seconds, hold your breath for a count of seven, and exhale slowly through the mouth for a count of eight, while producing little sound of relief.
- Repeat this three times.
If you want to get rid of back pain from sitting for good, perform this 60 seconds stretching exercise every night before you go to bed.
- Lie on your stomach and lean back on your elbows.
- Lift your upper body so that you lean on your elbows, lift your head, hold the position for 8 seconds and return to the starting position. Repeat the exercise two times.
- Lie on your back and bend your knees, with your arms stretched alongside the body. Lift your pelvis in a straight position, hold for 8 seconds, and return to the starting position.
- Stay lying on your back and bend your legs at the knees, grasp them with your hands and pull toward your chest. Stay in this position for 8 seconds and return to the starting position. Repeat the exercise two times.