Beetroots are highly nutritious vegetables. Beetroot is rich source of vitamins, fiber, folates, vitamin C and A, flavonoid anti-oxidants, minerals, manganese, iron, copper, magnesium and carotenoids.
It contains antioxidant, which gives protection against lower cholesterol levels, stroke and coronary artery disease. It is also good for wrinkles and anti aging.
- Drink Cup of fresh beetroot juice every day, also add pinch of black pepper powder in it. You can also add one tablespoon of honey in this juice. Try to drink fresh beetroot juice. Repeat this 2-3 times a day to treat weakness.
- You can also add beetroot in the vegetableand fruit salad (sprinkle some black salt or black pepper powder on it to improve taste). Or boil them for 6-8 minutes and consume it with your daily food.
Honey is very beneficial for anemic person as it helps increase the hemoglobin in the blood. It is rich in carbohydrates, iron, manganese, phosphorus, sodium and zinc, copper, potassium, fructose and glucose.
- Add 1-2 tablespoon of honey in glass of warm lemon juice (add 2-3 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice in glass of warm water, do not boil lemon juice with water) Drink this mixture daily on an empty stomach in the morning and in the evening to cure weakness.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey to peppermint tea and drink to increase appetite.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with bowl of curd, do not use sugar. Consume it with meal or fruits. Do this twice a day.
- Add 1-2 tablespoon of honey in any fruit juice and drink it every day.
- Licorice powder
Take glass of warm milk and add half teaspoon of licorice powder and 1-2 tablespoon of honey. Mix them well and drink. Do this once or twice a day to get rid of weakness.
- Orange juice
Drink glass of fresh orange juice daily to treat weakness and anemia. Oranges stimulate the flow and performance of digestive juices, thus it improves digestion and increases appetite.
- Ginger, honey
Mix 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger paste/juice with 1 tablespoon of honey, mix them well and consume this mixture daily after each heavy meal such as breakfast, lunch and dinner. This concoction is highly beneficial for easy digestion and at the same time it increases appetite.
- Lemon, Ginger
Add 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger paste/juice with glass of warm lemon juice, also add half teaspoon of black pepper powder. Drink this combination on an empty stomach in the morning. Do this daily for best result.
Apples are rich in iron and micronutrients. However, not 1 but at least 2-3 apples a day can fulfill our requirement of iron for a day.
Drink glass of fresh apple juice, as it helps in smooth digestion by stimulating the flow of pepsin in the stomach (a protein-digesting enzyme).
- Dates, milk
Eat 4-5 dates every day with glass of warm milk to reload the lost energy. Do this especially in the morning.
- Ash Gourd
Ash gourd is also known as winter melon, winter gourd, white gourd or wax gourd. It has been used since ages by Indian Ayurveda, Chinese and Asian medicine to treat various diseases. Ash gourd is rich source of vitamins and minerals like iron, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin C, thiamine, niacin and riboflavin.
Ash gourd is very useful to cure weakness and fatigue due to anemia. You can consume ash gourd in many ways to cure your anemia, but in Ayurveda, it is recommended to use dried ash gourd fruits and its leaves in the form of powder.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of dried ash gourd fruits and its leaves powder in glass of buttermilk and consume it daily for 3 weeks. Follow this once or twice a day for fast result.
- Cut one ash gourd, medium size beetroot and bowl of spinach leaves in small pieces. Boil these pieces in 2 glasses of water until it become soft. Consume it daily. Add some salt and pepper to improve the taste.
Take ripe mango slices and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of honey, cardamom (illaichi), and pinch of saffron (kesar) on it. Consume this once or twice a day.